1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, beaten
2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup honey
½ cup plain lowfat Greek yogurt
¼ cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat 24 mini muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the eggs, bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, honey, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl and stir until well blended.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Stir ½ cup of the peanuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups and top evenly with the remaining peanuts. Bake about 15 minutes, or until the muffins are light golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins and cool an additional 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information per Serving (2 mini muffins):
290 calories, 15g fat (2.5g saturated), 115mg sodium,
34g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 9g protein