1½ cups frozen mango chunks
1 ripe banana, peeled, sliced and frozen
⅔ cup low-fat cottage cheese
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tablespoons orange juice
½ teaspoon orange zest
1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Remove the mango and banana from the freezer and allow to thaw slightly (about 10 minutes).
- Place the mango, banana, cottage cheese, ¼ cup shredded coconut, orange juice, orange zest, agave, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor and process 30 seconds.
- Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Continue to process until smooth and creamy, about 1 more minute. The mixture should resemble soft serve ice cream.
- Meanwhile, for the topping, place the almonds, 1 tablespoon coconut, and chia seeds in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Scoop into 3 or 4 bowls and sprinkle evenly with the topping.
- Store any leftovers in the freezer in an airtight container. When ready to eat, remove from freezer, thaw about 15 minutes, stir, and serve.
Nutrition Information per Serving (about ½ cup): 210 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated), 31g carbohydrate, 180mg sodium, 4g fiber, 7g protein, 10% vitamin A, 45% vitamin C