1 large oval-shaped sweet potato (about 1 ¼ pounds)
1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
¾ cup low fat cottage cheese
1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
Optional: drizzle of maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash sweet potato well. Slice length-wise into ¼-inch slices (you should get about 6 slices). Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush the tops with melted coconut oil. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until crisp-tender. Set aside to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together cottage cheese, pineapple, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the cottage cheese mixture onto each sweet potato “toast”
- Top with the almonds and coconut. Drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
Note: For a vegan option, replace the cottage cheese with 1/3 cup coconut cream.
Nutrition Information per Serving (2 toasts):
200 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated), 240mg sodium,
22g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 9g protein