3 large eggs
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1½ teaspoons anise extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Lightly oil or coat the pizzelle iron with nonstick cooking spray and plug it in to preheat.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a medium bowl and beat on medium speed until well blended, 2 minutes. Add the coconut oil, anise, and vanilla and beat until blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- At slow speed, gradually beat the flour mixture into the liquid mixture until just combined.
- Place one heaping teaspoon at a time in the center of each of the grids of the pizzelle iron and clamp the handles together with the handle clamp.
- Cook for about 40 seconds, until the cookie is lightly browned. Remove with a spatula and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Information per Serving (1 cookie): 90 calories, 6g fat (3.5g saturated), 8mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g protein