2 cups blanched almond flour
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
⅓ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
24 toasted whole almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment and set aside.
2. Whisk together the almond flour, coconut, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Combine the egg, sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla in a large bowl and beat on medium speed until well blended, about 3 minutes. At low speed, gradually beat in the almond mixture until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Form the dough into tablespoon-size balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place a whole almond on top and flatten gently with the palm of your hand.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the tops begin to turn golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring the cookies to a wire rack.
Nutrition Information per Serving (1 cookie): 110 calories, 9g fat (3.5g saturated), 6g carbohydrates, 60mg sodium, 1g fiber, 3g protein